Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Web 2.0

I use a few web 2.0 tools:

  • Wikipedia
  • Flickr for photos
  • Blogspot (mostly for this class) / Oracle blog (for work)
  • Twitter (for this class)
  • LinkedIn
  • Second Life (for school)
  • Google Maps
  • Moodle / Blackboard

The biggest problem is the finding the time to actually use all of these tools. It would be great to have some spare time to work with all of these tools and figure out how they could be helpful. It would also be great to use them to focus on specifically the information that I'm interested in.

Here's a great site with a Web 2.0 explanation: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/tim/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html

2 comments:

Mike Prausa said...

I also thought that was a good article on O'Reilly. I particularly liked how they focused on the design pattern and business modeling aspects of it. I also liked the inclusion of the "An attitude, not a technology" bubble in the meme map, as I think a lot of Web 2.0's success is based on this. Leveraging the human component to provide gray matter processed data is a big piece of Web 2.0.

wincoder said...

I had considered web 2.0 to be all about the backbone technology and IPv6 but I suppose the widespread use of a bunch of applications counts just as much. This is an evolutionary step for web 1.0 I think rather than a real version change.
And of course the ambulance chasers are already organizing conferences you can pay for: http://www.thenewnewinternet.com/